10/18/11

Family tours in Germany

Dad and I
The best way to describe the past 4 weeks in the Hoff house is to Quote the Johnny Cash song-

"I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
'Cross the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel, I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere.."

It's a good thing he didn't have a line that said, "my house is clean, my laundry is done, homework checked off and dinner cooked...MAN"  







I love having my family and friends here with us, but I think I am learning something I don't really like... I'm my feet are not sweet 16 anymore.  This daily touring business is kicking my butt.  I don't seem to remember our guests having a "want to tour" list when they came to visit us in Alabama.  (ok...calm down cause I know you are all reading this and thinking, "I didn't say we HAD to tour anything")  But honestly, I have loved every minute of it all...well maybe not the bumper cars.  I am guessing that life doesn't get better than this.  I am glad I live in a new country where people come with a "to see" list and we can experience history, culture and a lot of food together.  Well, I guess we shared a lot of food together in Alabama since my favorite tour was "big dinner at the Hoff house."  It does feel like I am somewhat on a goodbye tour since we are in our last 8 days of "Hoff Month of Guests Festival" and there aren't any other reservations at the Hoff house for a while. (I am sure this is due to the cold snow filled winter they all read about last year)  So, as I try to cram all of the things I love about Germany into these last 8 days , I will ignore my feet and keep singing "I've been everywhere, man!"






I never knew so many foods could be made from Pumpkin!







And "life's many joys" still happen while touring!

1 comment:

  1. hey there! so glad you are getting to enjoy some good times with your dad and step mom:) Looks like you are having a blast!:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>