11/19/11

Glühwein takes away the fear...


It sounded like fun (to someone) …lacing up a pair of ice skates in order to skate on a rink in the center of town with a crowd watching just to get the first taste of Christmas while listening to Frank Croon Christmas songs. 
 
Well, that sounded like fun to Karina and Cooper, so off we went.   I learned another lesson; kids will not reassure when you have a fear.  As I was lacing my skates, I turned to Karina and admitted my fear, “Honey, I am scared!!”  Her response, “I’M NOT, LET’S GO!!!”  

This can't be good- MORE SLIPPERY?
It was another fun “first” for the Hoff family…well, Cooper may tell you differently since he spent much of the time butt down on the ice.  Not only did Frank put a Christmas feeling in the air, so did watching them build the huts for “Weihnachtsmarkt markt”, decorating of the large tree and the very warm Glühwein. (A traditional beverage prepared from red wine, heated and spiced with cinnamon sticks, vanilla pods, cloves, citrus and sugar.)  
Let's go faster mom!
Dad skates fast!






Glühwein-Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like that Gluhwein can take away fears for lots of things!:) Looks like you had a great time.:) Too bad I wasn't there...I could "butt skate" with Cooper!:) love, m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, reminds me of the trip to NY to see you when I was about 11yrs old. We went ice skating with your room mate. That was the first time I went ice skating too. I think I would need the warm wine drink now to try it again.
    Xoxo,
    Cristy

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>