5/16/12

The German doctor said....

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬This little Monkey was tired of the bed, too much sickness that she was ready to shed. So mamma called the doctor and the doctor said, "THAT little monkey should go on vacation!!!"♩ ♪ ♫

This truffle is stuffed with meds..but feeling GOOD!

The other day as I glanced at my bedside table, the thought occurred to me that it looked more like one of a person about to turn 100 years old rather than the young springy age that I am today.  Thankfully for my neighbors, I didn't start screaming in horror at all of those bottles smiling at me because they are helping me get well, but I did make a vow that we would go on our upcoming vacation.

That same day, the kids must have thought the doctor said "that mom and dad should take them to the Breuninger Confiserie, in downtown Stuttgart,  to eat until their hearts were were dripping with sugar." WELL--- maybe they have a point and more doctors should write a prescription for truffles....I'm sure the alcohol hiding inside can cure all!?!?  Don't worry....the kids don't get those lovely little truffles filled with champagne, baileys, Campari, or any other alcohol surprise to wet your buds.  But it doesn't seem to matter to them, for they have fallen in love with all of the Chocolate delicacy here in German.   
How many can we have?????

It is one of those European 'treats' that I have begun an affair with and I don't even really like sugar.  Good truffles available at a blink of the eye is one of those things that I have begun taking for granted.  Much like I have taken my good health for granted in the past.

However, I am determined to start savoring every moment of good health, truffles and all the good things in life.  So, when this mamma called the doctor, and the doctor said, "you should be fine to travel." I felt like I had eaten the whole counter of truffles with a taste of Sardinia Italy on the inside.

Breuninger Confiserie
I guess Forest said it best, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." We haven't known what all we were going to "get" the past three months, but our family has stuck together, remained positive and grown closer from the experience. Now it is time to start tasting the truffles again and head off to second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea with the family for some fresh sea air ...I wonder if Forest ever had a box full of these German truffles?
Hey Forest, I knew what I was gonna get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>