5/5/12

Missing you here in Germany

One of the 'crazy' things about me (before you start to wonder...my husband loves me crazy), my head always thinks in songs.  This week, the song I found myself singing the first verse of was Allison Kraus's "Missing You".
Every time I think of you
I always catch my breath
And I'm still standing here
And you're miles away
And I'm wondering why you left 

It isn't you... or you that I'm missing...it seems my immune system has run off and I REALLY miss it. Maybe it got a little tired of the cold weather we have been having here in Germany and ran off to a tropical island and is sipping a cute umbrella drink soak n up the sun.  Who knows...but I am tired of living life with out my best friend because without her, I seem to spend more time in German doctors and sleeping in hospitals than out touring all of the things I want to here in Germany.  ALL of my German doctors seem to have the answers on how to get her to come home quickly, therefore, I am following their advice and hope she runs back to me full speed.  Heck, I will give her all the umbrellas she wants in her drinks and massage her feet after she sits 'on guard' all day.  

My latest battle was NOT with Appendicitis...rather a new found problem with Diverticulitis and another unwelcome virus that is attacking my intestines.  I guess the word is out on the grapevine that my immune system headed off on vacation.  Well...these two new friends are learning real fast that "this horse don't break so fast".  I'm not wondering why my girl, a.k.a-IS (Immune System) left...who wouldn't want to go sit in the sun and drink umbrella drinks, I'm just wondering when she is going to run out of money and head back to me?!?!?

Here is a little view of my "German Wellness Plan" the past week.....
Lot's of medicine-Umbrella drinks look better
Too much Griebrei, potatoes, and yogurt...
Many meals of the 100 yr old traditional Zwieback in the hospital and home!  Seem my intestines like this better than anything else. 

Immune vitamins-umbrella drinks look better


Lot's of Tea and Water

Lots of potatoes and White Asparagus (thank goodness they are in season)
My own wellness program-lots of sketching to fulfill the past year of requests from people-yes....delivery coming soon!!!(money needed to pay hospital bills :)
 
And of course...Much Reading which I never seem to find time for since moving to Germany
 Sketches going on to canvas...very healthy. Plus when one isn't touring...allows much time for painting.



5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am glad you are home from the hospital! I will be praying for you that you get better! Your sketches look GREAT!! You amaze me with your positive attitude!! Soon, your immune system will be back from her "vacation":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you have been ill. Hope you get well very soon! Darrell & Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments! I am sure she will be back soon because she will miss me-I'm SURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I can't believe you're still suffering. I was hoping by now you'd be out of the woods...but at least you can see again. I hope that all is back to normal soon, and that this silly German weather stops flip-flopping all over the place so you can get healthy quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful you are on the road to recovery! You and the family need to come to Rosemary ASAP b/c we all know saltwater cures everything!!! :) The Cowboy bloody mary's help too! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>