10/25/12

Footwork


I am not sure if I have completely mastered "standing on my own two feet" here, but my feet have made great strides (punny) here in Germany. 

For example, I have now mastered 'foot snuggling' with my children's feet when they crawl in our bed at 5 am.  This gives the illusion of snuggling, and  allows one to continue sleeping with limited motion. 

The Giant step in the world of foot knowledge, has been learning "two footed driving".  It is crucial to surviving in this mad world of German driving.  Yes, I have self evaluated but know I am close to mastering it because I don't get so many horns screaming at me these days.  The key to this technique is to continuously pushing on the gas and the break while waiting for the light to turn from red to yellow to green.  (yes the lights turn yellow before green here)  Once it has turned yellow, you quickly start releasing the brake, push the accelerator as fast as possible and THEN you can exhale as all horns are quite.  I no longer underestimate the importance of Footwork, even if I don't always stand alone on my own to feet as I learn this country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>