1/6/13

Hermit

Cooper's Hermit crab castle
 According to the online encyclopedia, Hermit crabs are tropical cold-blooded animals and they must have a warm environment to live.  I suppose we can be sure we were in the tropics just by the number of hermit crabs alone of all shapes, shells and sizes that we shared the beach with during our vacation in Khao Lak, not to mention all of the tropical frogs, and Geckos that our son managed to catch. And yes, we even shared our room with a few Geckos that would come out at night...supposedly that is also a normal part of tropical Thailand. 
I named him 'hermie'

Many glowing eyes...
If the sand hadn't been under my feet and the sun on my face, I may have (for a moment) thought I was in "Ed's Pet World" back home in Birmingham.  I just hope Cooper didn't succeed at his plan to bring anything home! 



"Why do I have to put him down?"




"Is he poisonous?"
"Cooper, I don't want to catch any more hermits!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>