1/13/13

The Truth....

As a surprise 45th birthday present,  Jason gave me tickets to Pink's upcoming concert in Stuttgart.  Her tour is called,"Truth about Love".  After I stopped singing her songs at the top of my lungs,  I focused on her tour name.  Added years add some "truths" to each of us whether we like it or not.   
For my birthday,  I decided to write a few of my own "truths" 

  • The Truth is... birthdays come once a year.  When I hear people complain about having another birthday,  I like to respond, "It beats the alternative." 
  • The Truth is...I will be older IF anyone looks at my passport but to quote Satchel Paige, "Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter."
  • The Truth is...I often think of myself as 20 years younger, but my children can quickly bring me back to reality with their question, "why do you look older now than you do in this picture?"
  • The Truth is...I have some wrinkles but I prefer to call them smart lines.  The more I acquire, the smarter I have become thanks to my added years of learning from life.
  • The Truth is...I have many grey hairs that have magically appeared, but can also magically disappear thanks to my much loved hairdresser.
  • The Truth is...I have good days and I have bad days.  It takes experiencing both to remind me how much I prefer the good ones. 
And my "Truth about Love" is that I have a true one.  He doesn't see my wrinkles, nor my grey hair and to my knowledge he does not check my age in my passport.  But he WILL dance with me in a very packed jazz club to celebrate an added digit of my life... ignoring both the fact that I was about the only one dancing in the crowd, and that dancing with many eyes watching is low on his charts.  But he knew why I was dancing and the truth is that  he loves me an ALL of my truths of turning a tad bit older.  And like I said, "It beats the alternative." !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>