1/18/13

Organized chaos

I am good at making things chaotic...usually because I cram too much into every minute of a day. A perfect example would be the mere fact that I arrived at the gym today wearing two different running shoes but quickly shrugged it off with a good chuckle thanks to myself and then kept biking to nowhere.

I am not sure if I would really enjoy my life any other way than chaotic, because then it might be too boring or stress free. ( yes that was an attempt at humor). However, I do like my chaos to be more on the organized side which might prove that chaos and organization can live together even in a foreign country which brings up my next point.

When one lives in a foreign country where the language is not their mother tongue, the culture is often confusing and not one y'all is muttered, things are going to often be chaotic whether you like it or not. So, I choose to like it, organize it as much as possible and then when all else fails, just mutter " y'all" to myself as often as needed.

There are often tools that help organize your chaos, like my new iPhone5, that will help translate, keep my calendar, allow me to FaceTime my "homeland" friends and family without wireless AND take a panoramic picture of a bit of our " organized chaos"

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>