6/16/13

Not just a Hallmark holiday

My father is known to refer to Fathers Day as a "Hallmark holiday".  Well, maybe it has become somewhat of an over marketed therefore over shopped holiday in America. 

But I call it honoring the man, that among other things, taught me compassion towards the world, how to be open minded about the things we don't understand or know, to think positive even when things aren't so, he shared the gift of reading, taught me independence, showed me the meaning of hard work by example and most of all, gave me the gift of unconditional love. 

So whether Hallmark says today is the day or not- here's to you dad! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this pic of you guys. Brings back memories of our days on Parkside Dr.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>