12/16/10

Frozen car





My car was so frozen on the drive to school, the parking sensors kept beeping like I was about to hit something.  I thought maybe they knew something I didn't know....but all turned out well with the driving today.  Here is a picture of what our morning drive looks like to school.  This morning the car got stuck in the snow again (when I had to pull over since only one car fits on our tiny roads) Karina exclaimed as I finally got back on the road, " Wow momma, You learned how to do that all by yourself now." 



Well, I got into "trouble" today and was called into the nurse's office this morning for a meeting.  Seems I am supposed to provide more than one Epi Pen for Karina at school.  What started as me getting a Stern talking to by the German nurse, ended up with her telling me all of the OTC products I can use for various cures.  See, Killing people with Kindness does work.  However, we now have our first Pediatrician apt. tomorrow at 5, so Karina can continue school.    I think I am going to have to get thicker skin over here!

Fernsehturm (tv tower)
TO COLD ON OBSERVATION DECK
After school, I decided it was a great day to take the kids on a sightseeing tour.  (We were having a warm day of 20 degrees)  So we headed to the "Fernsehturm" Tower.  It is the World's first tv tower built of concrete in 1956.  The observation deck is 504 feet high and BUTT COLD with a wind chill today of below 0.  Once again, I applauded myself with a great idea.  Karina was almost crying saying it was so cold-"she couldn't breath".  Thank goodness they had a lower observation deck with a cafe, hot chocolate.  
Much better on the inside deck!
The view towards the Neckar River
Suttgart

Looking for our house

Hot Choc


 So these two crazy children must be turning into a polar bears.  They wanted to play on the Sernsehturm playground in the FREEZING COLD.  (Until they went down the metal slide once without their snowpants!) Quick sidenote, almost everywhere has some sort of playground. 
see-saw in snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>