12/31/10

New Years Eve

Downtown Stuttgart

If today is indication of how the new year will be....It is going to be great.  What a new year it will be...new country, new school, new language, new temperatures, new friends, new babysitters, new vacation spots, and the list could go on and on.  Today I got a taste of some of the "new" I look forward too.  I took a bottle of Champagne to a few of our new neighbors.  I ended up spending a long afternoon at one of our neighbors (with my family wondering where I was) and enjoyed such a nice afternoon.  I am very fortunate to have such INCREDIBLE friends in my life and to continue to add friends is such an important part of my life. 

We started our day going down to the old Market in Stuttgart to stock up on some cheeses, stuffed peppers, bread, meats, salami. I tried to include a picture....but it just doesn't do the food justice. (Notice the cheese stuffed little pumpkins)

Cooper is a pro at the train now..
I continue to be amazed and proud at how quickly the kids are acclimating.  Karina loves sampling all of the meats the various butchers hand her when we are in the butcher shops.  She LOVES all the sausages and meats here in Germany and isn't scared to taste anything.  Cooper rides the U-Bahn (subway) like he has grown up in a large city all his life.  As you can see in the picture, he is showing Pops "the best way" to ride the train (translation, stand up and don't hold on when it comes to a stop)

He also has become a pro at Pigeon chasing which scares his sister to death.  Today, after chasing Pigeons in downtown, he turned to me and said, "Mommy, can we live in Germany for a lot of days."



Notice Karina is standing INSIDE with Pops


Fireworks and snow don't mix
Jason bought some fireworks for tonight, however they didn't seem to like the snow too well.  Our close to this New Years Eve.....Tonight when we explained to cooper tomorrow will be a start of a new year, his response "does that mean no snow starting tomorrow?" With that, I wish you -Haben ein Guten Rutsch ims Neu Jahre.  (Slip into the new year good)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>