5/25/11

Missing page in German Tour books....


Some Sights and attractions are not listed in the travel books I own, I guess the pages are missing.  I found one “non-mentioned” sight a few weeks back as I was driving down a winding road over a bridge.  I happened to glance down at the river and  almost wrecked as my eyes were touring below.  Down all along the river were naked people casually walking around and sunbathing.  Not one or two…but about 30!  I couldn’t help but laugh because just when I thought I understood this whole “naked” thing here in Europe, I was surprised to see so many bright shiny butts walking around.  For all of my “European” blog followers that are shaking there heads at my naivety, I must make one thing clear- I can promise you that you will never be driving down an Alabama road, glance down at a pond and see a bunch of naked people walkin around....Just won’t happen.  Nor will you ever be running on a trail and glance up to see a naked person laying in the middle of tall flowers, feet propped on their bike and catching a few rays! And THAT is exactly the “sight” I saw today.  It was all I could do to keep Rocky from running right up to this person to say hello and I really didn’t want a closer view!  (I have blurred the picture for “protection” purposes)  Don’t get me wrong…I love the wind blowing on my skin and have been known to skinny dip often (ask my mother-in-law about our last horseback trip up to a snow lake in Oregon)   Butt (pun intended) there is something about the element of “when you least expect a naked arse”  I must say, even though these attractions aren’t listed in my books, they are becoming the most entertaining sights for me here in Germany…cause who doesn’t like a surprise!  


surprise...

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I wouldn't have seen that coming!!! too funny!!! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard right now! That would take some getting use to! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>