5/9/11

Muttertag


I intended to write this blog post last night, but ended up doing an impression of my grandmother sitting on the couch “reading” with her eyes closed.  Seems in the Hoff House, my children acknowledge Mother’s Day everyday, or so I assume, since I hear (rather loudly) "MOMIEEEE" numerous times throughout the day.  I have been a very fortunate mother this year.  I have two children that have moved across the world and are trying very hard to acclimate to everything in their life being new. (This isn’t always easy even for us adults)  They continue to keep a positive attitude even though they miss their house and friends in Alabama.  And even when I get their wonderful compliments like the one I received this week, “Mom, your hair is so colorful…it has WHITE, Black, and RED”, I wouldn’t change a thing…well…maybe a few things like whining.


The Captain gave out roses to the Mothers

Fest and Vineyards in distance


To celebrate the day, we headed down to the Nekar River to hop on a short roundtrip cruise through the Cannstatt lock up the river.  It was nice sipping my glass of champagne watching Stuttgart’s scenery from the top deck.  I think we were all most intrigued as we rode past the “Frühlingsfest Fest” watching the roller coasters do numerous flips.  This is a large Festival that runs through May 15th and will probably be next on our list…


After our boat ride, we headed to “Stadtstrand” (a.k.a-City Beach) for a small bite to hit and some sunrays.  This outdoor grill beach brings in 120 tons of sand in the spring to start off their “beach season”.  It was funny to see the kids building sandcastles right in the middle of the city as Jason and I lounged in the comfy chairs.  



perfect Mother's Day



1 comment:

  1. Hey there! it looks like you had a very fun and relaxing Mother's Day.:) Relaxing is always a good thing!:) Love, m:) p.s. does Muttertag mean Mother's day?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>