6/2/11

Pigs...Pigs...Pigs


This post is dedicated to one of my greatest friends, mentors, and sometimes adopted mother…Skeet-you can’t touch this pig collection.

1 pig


It is a four day holiday weekend here in Germany and we decided to take our vacation at home. Because I have been such a Pig lately, eating at all the fabulous restaurants and writing mostly about food here in Germany in my blog the past few weeks, I thought it was only appropriate to drag the kids (and Jason) to the World’s largest Pig Museum located right here in Stuttgart. 

Pig playground


Now that is a BBQ!
As the three of them got comfortable in the Pig Biergarten/playground, I headed off to tour the “Schweine Musuem”.  After purchasing my ticket and climbing up the stairs, I couldn't believe my eyes...millions of pig items.  My crazy brain immediately started singing it’s own version of Motley Crue…“Pigs..Pigs..Pigs”.  I swear, this museum was better than a comedy show for me…I just couldn’t stop laughing because I have never seen so many pig collections; pigs on a beach, piggy banks, glass pigs, wooden pigs, lego pigs, little pigs, art pigs and even a pig peep show.  The only pig I didn’t see was a ‘Pig in a blanket.” 

Of course, we finished our day in their Biergarten...eating roasted chicken!!!!

Now I will know what to order in the Metzgerei!




Pig Peep show

Piggy Bank

Pigs on a beach

Many Pigs






Our little Piggies are playing...


2 comments:

  1. Kerstin,
    Made it your blog, finally. I saw that strawberry only yesterday and was talking about going picking with Maeve! See you around Stuttgart,
    Doug and Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. While i get someone to this specific web site along with recognize obtaining valuable home elevators the exact same troubles. micro pig for sale

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>