4/21/12

German Flying Frogs

If only my dad, Granmother 'Ma', and Granfather 'Pa' had known that Frogs in Germany had wings, I bet I wouldn't have been told so much, "If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his rump" (well maybe the word rump wasn't used but you get the point)  It was a nice way to be told to solve my problems and not use the excuse "If" when life is challenging.  I am glad I learned it because I would probably use the excuse "if" pretty often living in another country now days....."If only I spoke the language", "if only it wasn't so cold", or "if only German cheese and bread didn't taste so good".  Somehow the saying sunk in and I learned that most times, rather than saying "if" it is better to find a a solution.  Because no matter how hard a frog may try, he will bump his rump.

When I saw (or pretty sure I saw since my eyesight is still a tad blurry) this sign in tree, I began to wonder just IF the frogs had wings here in Germany. If only I had known, that would have been a great comeback to my elders, "yeah...well in Germany they don't bump their rump cause they fly in trees".  Last year I wrote this blog post about the signs stating to take caution during Toad Migration here in Germany.  Link to Post about Toads in Germany.  This year I am more miffed than last because it seems that one should use caution when in a tree because the toads are Migrating.  Either frogs have wings here in Germany or somebody has a very funny sense of humor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>