4/4/12

A taste of "Sweet Home AL"

 Our friends hand delivered a great CP (Care package) this past weekend which included a little taste of Alabama.  Don't think I didn't run right out and buy some chicken to go with that "Sweet Home Saban" BBQ sauce and cook it up immediately.  When living abroad, it is these "care packages" that can bring the biggest smiles to our family because they give us a brief taste of "Alabama home".  This one reminded me how much I do miss eating some good ole Southern bbq chicken with my friends....so I decided to pick up the telephone and invite one of my German friends over for a Southern dinner.

Alabama football wasn't playing in the background as we wiped the red sauce from our face, but dinner still tasted like Alabama.  My German friend couldn't believe she liked the sauce so much and the kids kept asking, "what kind of gravy is this?"

How quickly they forget and how quickly they adjust to new environments and foods....but it is always nice to have a little taste of Alabama once in a while!!!(not to mention seeing friends on this side of the ocean)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>