4/1/12

Stuttgart Staatsgalerie



"Cy Twombly"
"Claude Monet"

We had to DRAG the Kids out of the Staatsgalerie today!  We took them to see the
William Turner, Claude Monet and the late Cy Twombly exhibition (which is the only venue in Germany showing these late works) and they refused to leave and insisted on seeing the rest of the museum!  I know, we have the perfect kids who love museums!
Which way?

FAMILY PORTRAIT at the Staatsgaleris
APRIL FOOLS! (Yep...that was the theme of this Hoff day)  We really did DRAG them to the Staatsgalerie and they actually were very well content during our much needed family outing that began with a long brunch and then almost 1 1/2 hours of museum time.  No, our children are not wonder kids that love looking at paintings for over an hour at a Museum, but Jason and I ARE masters of playing "I spy" when we tour such venues with them.  Yes, we I am a tad off, but our game goes like this (while looking at various paintings)  "I spy a frog jumping on a lily pad" or "I spy a horse's butt"...can you find it?  As they search with great effort, Jason and I spy a few minutes to enjoy the Masterpieces in front of our eyes.

It was a great, (much needed fun family outing) and that is no April Fools!

Daddy explaining that there isn't much to "I spy" in this one

They don't fool me anymore with this I SPY ("Claude Monet" in background)
Cooper liked brunch the best today


Daddy...Do you "Spy" Us?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>