5/27/12

"Tubing" in Germany

Just one of the rows of mustard
my new fav-spread on bread!
Before moving to Germany, I would grab my tube of toothpaste and throw it in the shopping cart without thinking much of the container which held it prior to hitting my brush.  There have been many "tubes" in my life that have affected me in one way or... not.   There are 'tube socks' which are not allowed on my legs,  'YouTube' which brings me highlights of the shows I am missing, 'The Tube' in London which is very efficient and can seduce me into a late night nap and of course the 'Tube Top' I loved to wear a when I was a teen even though some of the necessary means were missing.. 
Numerous flavors of mayo...

Here in Germany,  I have fallen in love with another type of tube that comes filled with all types of culinary treats.  My favorite tube here, which suits me much better than that tube top I wore many years ago, is the one filled with mustard that will make your eyes and nose water.  Of course, you can buy this in a milder form, but what is the fun of that one? Maybe I am becoming a tube addict because I feel the need to buy a new tube filled with some type of surprise on a weekly basis.  And to think I didn't even think twice about a "tube" when I lived in Alabama except perhaps an invitation to go "tubing" on the lake. 

 









1 comment:

  1. I never knew so many good things could come out of a tube!!!! very cool! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>