6/3/12

Before you came into my life...



It isn't one of my usual melodies, but I have been walking around singing Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe".   I am hooked on this song because of one line that sings much better than I can express how I feel about Jason.

"Before you came into my life  
I missed you so bad 
And you should know 
that I  missed you so, so bad"

As a surprise for our 8-yr anniversary, Jason made arrangements for the kid's care and whisked me off to Munich for the weekend. As he pushed the accelerator, I thought about the fact that eight years may seem like peanuts to many married couples who are well up in the double digits.

My eight, are like a good cup of coffee, a perfect taste of tiramisu, the first sip of a rich red wine that has been breathing, the quite slow dance in the living room, the squeeze of my hand, feeling safe when life goes a little scary, and most of all still enjoying our time together...especially when it involves being whisked away from everything but him. Before you came into my life, I had the coffee, tiramisu, and wine, but I missed you so, so bad.
Bocce Ball....



It felt like a honeymoon all over again. We have "toured" Munich more than once, but we don't get much time together without our two minis. It was nice to have so much quality time just 'being' us and strolling Munich with no schedule. We have always been fortunate to meet intriguing people around the world. On this weekend trip, we met and spent part of the afternoon with this 94 year old women. She was very much alive, didn't ask how long we had been married, or what we did for a job and stressed as she was leaving, that living a happy life was the secret of living long. I believe her!

Look closely
'Windows' of Munich are eye candy...We even made it in












"Stadt Lessen" city reading complete with bean bags
Ironic how many bachelor parties we saw...He popped into our picture in a snap!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 8 years!!! You two look great and you totally deserve a great weekend together! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>