6/12/12

Life will follow

It doesn't matter what country your things are packed-up and moved too...Life will follow and will continue to be full of "small things" that can make us feel Big emotions.  Today, my life was just that....full of small things that brought BIG emotions....

Like that "small" camera hidden in a van that BIG "blitzed" (rather blinded) me as I was driving a little too fast to get to my already in progress German class.  I am sure I will get a nice "small" ticket that will ask me to pay a BIG bit of cash. 

Or that "small" package that comes monthly from my PILs (Parent-In-laws).  Their birthday gift brings me BIG pleasure once a month because it consists of US magazines that I miss dearly and have yet to find here in Germany.  It may seem small that I want to read about how to have "Your Best Hair Ever" or learn "4 Ways to Perk up Your Porch".  But this serves as a BIG happiness when the postman brings me this "small" but important piece of America each month. 

This day finished out in a BIG way with one of those "small" things in life that are Big when it is happens to your own child. (and can make you forget that camera flash from earlier) We all lose our baby teeth, so it continues to surprise me that this thing can create such a BIG emotion as a mother...It creates a small bit of nausea in my stomach when I am about to yank it out, and a BIG fiesta once an empty hole shows.  So it is a good thing the BIG tooth-fairy knows how to get to Germany in a small amount of time! 

It is no BIG news that Life will follow you no matter what country you live-in but it sure does give me many "small" pleasures each day!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Karina!!!!:) So happy for her and you ( that you were able to yank it out!) :) Glad you are able to get a little piece of the Sates in your mail box each month:)love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care packages are the best. You're so lucky that you get one each month, even with the increasingly BIG postage rates. Ugh. I do think that you can get a lot of the magazines as emags now -- not that it's even remotely the same as flipping through a real magazine. But it's usually cheaper and very quick.

    Glad you're doing better! I haven't had a chance to pop over to your blog lately since our lives are a bit crazy here right now. But am really, really glad you're back on your feet!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>