12/22/12

'Thai-ing' one on in Stuttgart

The last two months, in preparation for our holiday trip to Thailand, I have been 'Thai-ing' one on here in Stuttgart Germany.  My-Thai (not the drink) prep has included a Thai cooking class, many Thai massages, and taste testing various Thai spiciness in great restaurants right smack dab in this big ole German city.
I'm am sure my lessons are nothing compared to the real adventures we are about to enjoy, but it has been very educational.  Some things I learned...
  •  Cilantro DOES exist in Germany...It is called 'Koriander'
  • Thai massages come in all degrees of 'pressure'...once you find the right one, it is like medicine.
  • Sticky rice really is sticky and is traditionally rolled into little balls.  Who knew there were so many variations on rice....well maybe everyone but me.
  • Fresh Ginger is great and is now used in many of my dishes.
  • One shouldn't rub his eyes after cutting chili peppers.
I am taking these lessons with me today as we begin 'Thai-ing one on" in the land of happiness. 
                                               
sticky rice...
love the spicy
everything is pretty...
careful....Thai tea has more sugar than tea
So happy to have cilantro back in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>