1/23/11

CMT-and it isn't about music

Stuttgart Messa


Today we decided to check out 'CMT' (and that is not refering to "Country Music Television")  in Stuttgart's very large convention Center, 'Stuttgart Messa'. It is "Europe's largest consumer exhibition for leisure and tourism" according to the CMT Stuttgart website.  I knew Europeans love to travel and "go on holiday" but I had NO IDEA it was this big. They had already had  220,000 visitors at the week long"fair".  The best I could tell, all these countries come together under one very large space to help you plan your annual "Dream Vacation".  Almost every country has a lavish exhibit which is the size of a house.  Within each country's area (imagine Walt Disney's Epcot park) there are authentic performers, region specific food being served, wine bars, as well as a main stage of performances.

I felt like we had entered another country and had a sneaky feeling I was going to be in trouble as we entered the "Hall #1".  A large banner hung above the exhibit with the word "Ungarn"  I turned to Jason and said, "I have never heard of that country"  I heard that chuckle in his voice when he answered,  "That is Hungary in German".  Yes, I am beginning to realize I am going to have to learn all of the countries in German if I want to plan a trip.   For Example: Schweiz =Switzerland, Frankreich=France, Österreich= Austria.  You get the picture, there is a lot of room for me to misinterpret when people are telling me where their upcoming vacation will be taking place.


Once we had our bag ready to fill with brochures, we were off to plan our April "Dream vacation"
Kenya was one of the featured countries this year

This was a "5 star" tent




part of Italy's exhibit-the man would randomly sing too!

Charter your own boat..

Area near Berlin-pickles were in the "vats"

Add caption

Of course Germany had a BeerGarden as part of their exhibit

Karina posed so I could take this combo's pic

Felt weird seeing the US at the fair

Part of US was a "saloon" no wonder they think we are all cowboys

Egypt

German stage


This is my kind of vacation


African Wine bar

Part of Australia

I have never seen this kind of "camping"

Or this kind of camping





1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Looks like you all had a great time seeing what all the countries have to offer.:) We can't wait to go on our vacation in April and se y'all for a few days!!love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>