2/12/11

TASTE BUD PARTY..UPDATE

A little too brown on top....

I HAD to post this update on the "Gemüsetasche".  I do not care what my google translates this dish to in English anymore!  I now have my own translation "THE PARTY IN YOUR MOUTH IS SO GRAND, IT WILL SEND YOUR TASTE BUDS IN A COMA" or I guess if eaten often the translation might be "DANGEROUS FOR YOU HIPS".  After two days of looking at the 'Tasche' every time I opened our refrigerator, I finally got the nerve to cook it for lunch today.  (thanks to a little advice from my two German friends, Evelyn & Andrea) This nice little dough stuffed treat has the consistency on the outside like a flakey Apple Strudel pastry that melts in your mouth.  But that is only the beginning of this party.  The warm and soft vegetable filling had such a nice texture, I barely had to chew.  I also learned from my German teacher, who makes these from scratch, that the dough pocket can be filled with various types meats, vegetables, cheese, or fruit.  My advice, if you visit us here in Germany, make sure this is on my shopping list to buy at the Metzgerei. 

I have been writing about my "adventures" from yesterday and will post tomorrow.  We are hitting the town now to make our 'SATURDAY SHOPPING' before the stores close and the babysitter arrives.  Jason and I are headed to a "reunion" dinner party tonight which I am sure will be fun.  It is a group of German/Swedish colleagues, now friends, that Jason has over the last 18 years, at some point worked with at Mercedes. Tschüss!



4 comments:

  1. Jimmy's Aunt is from Germany and I have heard her talk about how good this is. Maybe one day I can get her to make me one. It sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to send the recipe Kirstin!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>